My Blog List

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sports Day and the Dance!

The dance last night was so much fun! It was dressy casual, and it was my first dressy casual dance. : ) I love stake dances. Love them, love them, love them. You know why? Because it is seriously the only place I know of where there is no drama. None. We all push aside our differences and we all have fun! The gym was so pretty last night. There were white and blue lights strung all around the gym and little lanterns hanging off of them. I've never seen a dance so pretty before. Not even my eighth grade dance. Sports day is where you go and play sports and have fun! Taylor Dossett, one of my best friends, was there and we played in the volleyball tournament and ping pong. I think Elizabeth Hampll is the best girl at volleyball. She's been playing for about 5 years and she's just as good as any professional volleyball player. Also, Taylor's been playing for about 4 years and she's awesome, too. They are the only reasons that we won! haha and they get so into it. You can tell they really love what they do. Anyways, back to the dance. The very first guy I slow danced with was him. Yes, that guy that I've liked for forever! And he wanted to dance with me! And we were just laughing and being ourselves. It seemed so natural. We danced to Daughters by John Mayer, which is one of my favorite songs! I kind of held his hand without knowing it though haha because I was trying to find a spot for us to dance (there's a lot of people), and I was holding his hand and dragging him with me. As soon as I realized I was holding his hand I dropped it! It was kind of awkward haha. But we danced and had fun. That's all that really matters. And then he texted me after the dance we talked for a while. Yay!
Here are some pictures from the dance:
On the left is Taylor, I'm in the middle, and on my right is Klea Dust. I love Klea! She's so funny and she makes me laugh and she even told me at the dance that she trusts me and that we're very close. I wouldn't want to do anything to ruin that! In the background you can see some of the pretty lights!
This is Conner! He's such a stud! He's one of my best friends too! He's such a gentlemen. Whenever everyone was sitting down, I walked over and stood by them and one of my friends was like, "Do you want to sit?" I just said, "No, I'm fine." But then Conner kindly gives up his seat and goes to find another one. He's such a sweetheart and he's so funny! : ) I hope we stay close friends! P.S. - all of the girls have the biggest crush on him hahaha.
Overall, it was a good night and I'm glad I have no school tomorrow! Go Presidents Day! WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment