My Blog List

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chores.

So, I know everyone has a different view on chores. Some people don't even think their kids should have chores at all. And I've switched back and forth between ideas, and I even want to try this in our house when I get the chance. And I'll probably use this method with my kids. My friend is trying it with her kids, who hate chores with a fiery passion, and she said it is actually working! I'm happy for her. Here's what you do:



You put the first initial of your kids' name down the side and the days of the week across the top of whatever your using. I plan on using a board like this one. Each hook has a few chores for each day. Each chore is worth 25 cents. Once the chore is finished and you've checked that the kid has actually done the chore, then they move the card to the end of the hook. And then, each Saturday, you add up their chores. The kids get paid, take out their tithing, then put their money in a piggy bank and their tithing money in an envelope to take on Sunday. It's a pretty good system, and I think it's pretty fair! I'm sure there are different ways, but this is just how I plan on doing it. I guess you could say I'm way prepared for when my kids' have to do their chores! It's just that I kind of wished that growing up, I would've had an organized way of doing things. And if you're anything like me, you hate it when things aren't organized. It messes up my entire system and will eat away at me for days. I guess you can call me a little bit OCD when it comes to clean rooms, clean houses, and what not. I can only let a room get so messy. Also, this can go in my Young Women's journal for preparing for a future home. Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment