My Blog List

Saturday, March 19, 2011

{50's sock hop dance...}

How to describe this dance? This dance was....okay. There have been MUCH better though. First off, hardly anyone showed up. There were maybe 50 people. That's not a lot. Second off, I only danced with like 3 or 4 guys because there were hardly any slow songs. Grrrr. I have to admit, though, I looked pretty good:) I wore a new blue shirt that I got and jean capris (this was a jeans dance, but you don't have to wear jeans if you don't want to. There's only 2 jeans dances throughout the whole year, though, so I took advantage of this) and I wore a yellow flower in my hair. I liked it. I kind of looked like I was from Hawaii. That's always a good thing, right? I think it's just something in the water over there, because those people always pop out of their moms lookin goooodddd. Maybe it's just me. I prefer Samoans, myself;) But the Bishop came to the dance, and it was hysterical. He wore a white shirt with rolled up jeans and he had his hair slicked back! Hahahaha it was so funny! And his wife dressed up, too. She looked really pretty (as usual). I did like how some people dressed up, though. Some girls were wearing poodle skirts or scarfs in their hair and all that jazz. I was going to, but I don't have a nice white shirt or long socks, so I dressed up as me:) People said I looked cute, so that was a plus. Some of the guys had their hair slicked back and long socks. My friend, Conner, came as a jock and he had a letterman jacket on and jeans and it looked like he walked straight out of Grease. It was great. There was also a lot of swing dancing in this dance. YAYYY!! I love swing dancing. They played a lot of Beatles, and that made me very happy times ten. Because if you know me, you know I love the Beatles. It just seemed like there was something from the dance that made it kind of lame. Maybe it was just me again. I'll try and post a picture of me as soon as I can (the pictures were on Klea's camera, so I have to wait for her to tag me). Anyways, today was just one of those days I guess you could say. Interpret that as you will. But, I'm going to get to bed! Goodnight, bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment