My Blog List

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

{Urban Dictionary}

So I got bored, and I'm going through this phase where the Internet consumes most of my time.
Wait.
That's my life.
Anyways, I was on Urban Dictionary.com to see what my name means, and this is what it says for the name Tierra:

"A dangerous woman. Her name says it all! To nurture, give life, and flourish. Sadly, she is easily able to do the opposite: destroy, abolish, and completely devastate. If you're ever acquainted with one, be careful. You're not the only one who will be looking for her nurture and you're not the only one she will gladly devastate. Her voice is that of a Siren's, beautiful, but completely deadly if pursued. Her gaze is impossible to resist and her lips are sweet poison. Her skin is perfect (she won't agree) and her laugh can make the stapes, incus, and millius dance with excitement."

Hmm. Here's what I think of this.
I think that some of it is actually true. I do associate a lot at school with other people. I'm well known among my peeps. And when that happens, normally you are given a lot of power. That's how it works at most schools, no matter the grade. If you're popular, you're automatically given power over the rest. Anyone who's at least been through junior high can agree with me on that one. I'm not saying I'm popular or anything. At least, I don't consider myself. But a lot of others do. Which gives me the ability to be dangerous to the people around me. In a mean way to think about it (but in a way that's true), I have the power to destroy someone's social life within seconds. Anyone has that capability, really. But, I'm also known at school as not being messed with. I don't really take people's crap and I'll let them know that face to face most of the time. So dangerous? I could be. But for the most part, this just made me laugh.

Look up your name and tell me what it means. I am oh so curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment